Wednesday, September 16, 2009
The Katydid
I have to tell this story. The other day I had pulled an all night shift at work after working all the previous day, so very little sleep for me. It was about 7:30 in the morning and I had walked outside to get some air. I noticed that two supervisors were actively looking at something on the top edge of a trash container. Curiously as I am I approached them to see what they were staring at. When I got there I noticed that a katydid was on the can. The one supervisor says to me look at that grasshopper on the can. I quickly pointed out in a polite way that it was a katydid, the one supervisor says well it's green and it hops. I had to laugh. I did however remove the katydid to a safer place in the grass. They could not believe I had picked it up. Anyway, the moral of my story is that they were truly in the moment , all work had escaped them even if for a short period of time. Again, we can learn so much from studying nature if only one takes the time to do so, even if it is a katydid,, grasshopper, well at least the two supervisor's know what a katydid looks like. Take time in your day to observe the oneness in all creatures...